Saturday 27 November 2010

My Truth


My relationship with the truth is one that until now I hadn’t given much thought. Yet it appears consistently throughout my life.
As a child I was taught to always tell the truth and like most children had a refreshingly honest take on life. However as my teenage years loomed it seemed that the truth was irrelevant especially when it came to telling my mother where I was (there’s only so many science booster classes a girl can invent!). Then came the introduction of alcohol to the mix and with it brought the bluntness that only appears after a cider and black or six.
And now in my final year of university it seems that the truth is not only paramount to my dissertation – to be accused of plagiarism is the modern day equivalent of witchcraft – but also in the context of public relations and how it is viewed within the strategic planning of an organisation.

Regardless at which level you look at truth, one thing is for sure... nobody likes a liar.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I love the part about cider and black! It brings memories flooding back! Only one word.....Ganleys! xxxx

    ReplyDelete